Murder Charges Are Frightening, And With Good Reason
If you were in any way involved in circumstances that resulted in someone’s death, you may now face the daunting situation of criminal charges alleging murder, manslaughter, vehicular homicide or any type of criminally negligent homicide. Or you may have been arrested although you are virtually certain you had nothing to do with someone’s death. Whatever the details of your case, certain hard-and-fast principles apply, as in any criminal matter:
- The U.S. Constitution guarantees you rights such as the right to remain silent; the right to a timely trial by jury, your right to face your opponents or those who will decide on the outcome of your case.
- Whether you are under investigation or have been charged with a crime, resist the temptation to talk to other people besides your attorney about the details of your case. Prevent trouble that can develop when you say something you would be better off not saying. Rely on an experienced defense lawyer, such as me, in Oswego, to speak on your behalf.
- The burden of proof lies with the police and/or prosecutor. Your accusers must convince the court of your guilt to obtain a conviction.
- It is worth your best efforts to fight a conviction through a skillful defense and/or appeal. A conviction on your record can follow you the rest of your life.
In Your Defense
A detailed case evaluation and investigation by an experienced defense attorney will help determine the most promising defense in your case; such as one of the following:
- It may have been a “crime of passion,” positioning you for a successful plea bargain, such as a deferred judgment, case dismissal or acquittal at trial.
- The identity of the assailant may be in question. The evidence must successfully identify you for the charges to remain legitimate.
I am defense lawyer , and I am well-prepared to evaluate your case, construct a strong defense and advocate for you before a prosecutor, judge or jury. If I represent you, you can count on me to exercise all my skills, knowledge and determination on your behalf.